Monday, July 28, 2014

God's Grace


Our time here has been a Blessing. Saturday, the 26th of July, was a very special day for me. I turned 50. Yes, the big 5-0. Pretty amazing! As you have been reading in our blog, God has been faithful and we have been able to help and pray each day in this community. Each of us have been sharing our “Stories” and I was able to share mine on the first day I was here. Some of you may know my story, but I will tell my short version here since it all started before I was born. When my Mom was 4 months pregnant with me, her blood started to react against mine. It kept getting worse and the Doctor told my parents I could be born dead at anytime. Along with many prayers by others, my parents dedicated me to the Lord at that time for him to heal me or take me to heaven with him. God was gracious and I was born healthy!

When I accepted the Lord as my Savior, when I was 11, I also realized God had allowed me to be born for a reason. There have been times when it is obvious and other times when it is not. But the Lord is always by my side. God is always faithful and hears our prayers, even when it “feels” he is far away. I am very thankful for seeing God’s hand at work on this trip and I have been enjoying getting to know both our team and the Polish people.

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment